From Doom to Minecraft, the first-person perspective has really caught on with modern video games.
In this comprehensive tutorial, you'll learn how to build a first person shooter of your own. You'll use the popular Unity 3D engine.
We'll provide all the assets you need, so you can focus on the gamedev coding itself.
Here are some things you'll do as part of this 8-hour tutorial:
- Importing the level and configuring the lighting
- Creating your player
- Coding your player's movement and jump
- Mouse controls
- Sprinting and crouching
- Animating your player's hands and weapons
- Switching between weapons
- Player attack scripting
- Creating a zoom effect
- Animating the enemy
- Enemy AI
- Detecting and dealing damage
- Creating sound effects
- Displaying health and stamina using the player stats user interface
You can watch the video tutorial on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (8 hour watch).