Sometimes you might turn on your PC but your monitor displays "No Signal" on the screen. In this article, we will look at various solutions for solving this problem.
How to Fix a Monitor Connection by Checking Hardware Connections
- Check to see if the VGA connector fits in perfectly to its port.
- Make sure your VGA connector is not damaged. If possible, replace the connector.
How to Fix a Monitor Connection by Restarting your PC
Before this step, make sure your PC has not gone into sleep mode or hibernated. If this happens, the monitor may assume the PC is off and will display "No Signal".
- Unplug power cable and VGA connector.
- Wait for a few minutes minutes.
- Plug power cable and VGA connector back in.
- Reboot PC.
How to Fix a Monitor Connection by Updating Drivers
Step 1 - Open Device Manager
- Click on the search box in your taskbar.
- Type "device manager".
- Click on Device Manager from the search results.
Step 2 - Update Display adapter
- Expand the Display adapters option in Device Manager.
- Right click on your display adapter and click on "Update driver"
- You will be asked, "How do you want to search for drivers?" Choose the option that says "Search automatically for drivers".
Wait for the driver to be updated, after which you can go to your display settings and see if the second monitor is being detected.
You may get a response that your drivers are already up to date. You can verify to see if your current version is the one on the driver provider's website. Here's how you can do that:
- Right click on display adapter just like we did before.
- Click on properties.
- Click on the Driver tab.
- Copy the Driver Provider and Driver version values.
- Search for the two values on Google.
After following the steps above, you should find the website of your driver provider where you can install the latest version of the driver if yours isn't already up to date.
In this article, we saw some of the useful steps required to fix a monitor connection in order to get rid of the "No Signal" message.
Thank you for reading!