Learn the basics of the NumPy library for Python in this tutorial from Keith Galli. The tutorial explains how NumPy works and how to write code with NumPy. You will learn about creating arrays, indexing, math, statistics, reshaping, and more.
Here are the topics covered:
- What is NumPy
- NumPy vs Lists (speed, functionality)
- Applications of NumPy
- The Basics (creating arrays, shape, size, data type)
- Accessing/Changing Specific Elements, Rows, Columns, etc (slicing)
- Initializing Different Arrays (1s, 0s, full, random, etc...)
- Copying variables
- Basic Mathematics (arithmetic, trigonometry, etc.)
- Linear Algebra
- Reorganizing Arrays (reshape, vstack, hstack)
- Load data in from a file
- Advanced Indexing and Boolean Masking
You can watch the full video course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (1 hour watch).